Sunday, October 18, 2009

An interesting weekend....

Busy...yes! What I had planned...definately not!!

Friday was a my last home game at Leetonia concessions...said with a little tear. I have been in concession for the last 4 years. I have grown quite fond of my other Booster Mom's. Mo is a senior and Jon is going to Crestview so this is my last time at Leetonia. The weather was horribly cold and rainy...hence concession was extremely slow. But we had a good time laughing and passing the time.

This was to be fall roundup weekend at the drag strip...the race we look forward to every year. It's the final race of the season as well as trick or treating and trailer decorating contests. Lots of fun with a little crispness in the air and it's just fun. Most people stay for the weekend and watching the track wake up and greeting your competitors with a good morning is kinda cool. Due to the weather being cold and rainy they postponed fall round up until Halloween weekend.

Jon and I were supposed to go stay overnight up by the game but decided to go see Michael Stanley and the Resonators instead. Jon was ok since he wasn't feeling well and just wanted to sleep. We had dinner with our great friends Medford and Sandi to celebrate Medford's birthday and then went to see the show. It was great!! I have been to several MSB shows and have never been disappointed.

Then Sunday was the big Steelers game!!! Jon and I were very excited when we won 2 tickets on the 50 yard line at Heinz field for the Steelers to host the Cleveland Browns. Then we realized we were in the next to the highest row of seats!!! Unfortunately we left before kickoff. Jon wasn't feeling well. But we did have the in person experience.
We were there when the gates opened and got a couple pics of Hines Ward and Big Ben. I'm pretty sure it's the first and last time I will ever spend $4 on a 20 oz bottle of Coke!!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

It's too bad Jon got sick but looks like you made the best of it and still had a positive experience!!

Amy Johnson said...

Being in retail, I work every weekend, but I'm glad you get to have some fun!