Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dinner...

It has been snowing or raining here in Northeast Ohio for what feels like FOREVER!!! We had two nice days and I was soooo excited. We are ready for summer food! You know...anything on the grill, pasta salads, all kinds of salads really, fresh fruits and veggies. As much as I enjoy cooking and eating winter food (soups, roasts, casseroles) I'm 'over' them right now. Today was no different, weather wise, than yesterday and the day before, and the day before and....well you understand.

I decided to make meatballs for dinner tonight. I was going to make them sweet and sour but since it's a bit chilly and gloomy decided it was beef gravy and rice. Mixed some spices into my meat, formed the meatballs and browned them in a skillet. Moved them to a casserole dish and put them in the oven. Made a rue in the skillet and then beef gravy. Poured it over the meatballs and let them bake for about an hour. I wanted to make wild rice but didn't have enough so just used brown rice. A little boring but tasty.



Come on summer...Mama is hungry for kabobs and corn on the cob grilled over an open flame!

No comments: