Monday, March 21, 2011

Dijon spinach salad...

I know I mentioned the ingredients in this salad but I thought I would pass along the actual recipe. I was sooo surprised with how much I enjoyed this salad. My 13 year old was especially fond of it, too.

DIJON SPINACH SALAD


8 c. torn fresh spinach
1 c. shredded red cabbage
1 c. thinly sliced cauliflower
1 c. thinly sliced red onion
1/2 c. sliced radishes
1/4 to 1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used 1/4 cup)
1/4 c. cide or tarragon vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
2 Tbl. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. sesame seeds, toasted


In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt; shake well. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings



Nutritional analysis: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with 1/4 c oil) equals 80 calories, 156 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbs, 2 gm protein, 7 gm fat, 2 gm fiber.

1 comment:

Kymberly Foster Seabolt said...

I think I am in love with your salad.

Just sayin' ...