Saturday, August 28, 2010

You are never too old...

Well our racing season is coming to a close.  We have two points days left for Jon...unfortunately it doesn't look good for him to win the championship.  While not all hope is gone the mountain got a little steeper today :(  The boy ahead of him (by 3 points) won first round and Jon lost.  He was sooo heartbroken, as was I.  The season was going so so good and then the last couple races have been a struggle while the kid in the lead has been on fire...he won the last 3 events.

But there was a bright side to the day.  My Grandma and her beau Ken came to watch him race.  My Gram is 80 years old an has never been to a drag strip.  It was nice to have her there to comfort Jon after he lost.  He will have that memory with him forever...since we can't have her forever (no matter how badly we want to).

Gram said she would come back that she thought it was pretty neat.  I'm not sure if she would like the noise of the big cars but she didn't seem to complain about the juniors (which can be quite loud). If you are as blessed as I am to still have a grandparent I hope you love and cherish them as much as I do...

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a surprise! I'm so happy they took the time to "check it out!!" Now if I would just take the time to come ... Jon's racing would be complete!

Amy Johnson said...

What a nice surprise for your son! I'm so happy his grandmother was able to see him race.

Amy Johnson said...

Happy, happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Ms. Bake-it said...

How awesome that your grandmother was there to see Jon race. I have not been to a drag race in a long time. I used to take my boys when they were little and they had so much fun. Although my grandparents are no long with me. I cherish the memories of them. I was very blessed to have known and spent quality time with all my grandparents and great grandparents.

~ Tracy