Thursday, May 27, 2010

212°

No, I'm not complaining about the heat.

A small, red 5x5" book gave me the inspiration I need. Well, actually the words contained inside did!  It is time to make some big decisions and commit to them! I know what I want, what I need.  In this case they are one in the same.  I need to get, be and stay organized.  I need to continue building my clientele.  I need to lose weight. I want to spend more time with friends and family, craft and organize my recipes.

I remember as a young girl sitting at the top of a hill on a make-shift go-cart.  My Uncle coaxing me to "drive" down the hill. To help set the scene...I was probably 7 or 8 years old, we were in the "stripper cuts" (you know the land where they had stripped for coal) aka our playground, and the hill was probably 4 feet high.  I was terrified, but needed/wanted to go down that hill. I finally did! WOW, how exhilerating and empowering. 

I remember after I was pregnant with our daughter being terrified...wondering what I'd gotten myself into, would I be able to handle being a parent.  Now as my daughter is getting ready to graduate, I realize YES...I was/am a good parent.

So many things in my life have given me pause.  Fear, doubt, unknowing...all crippling emotions.  Now its time!  It's time to drive down that hill.  It's time to rid my world of the things weighing me down and holding me back.  It's time to spread my wings...and SOAR!!!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

And SOAR you will!!! You Go Girl!!! You have the power to do anything you set your mind to! I have all the faith in the world in you and look forward to seeing the next chapter of your life unfold!
Love you more every day!
Mom