Monday, June 15, 2009

What did you do this weekend?

Quick rundown...Friday, racing...Saturday, baseball and band played...Sunday, church, work and (believe it or not) a nap. Ok that was the condensed version.

At times the rat race (as I like to call it) drives me crazy. But then I take a moment to realize what a true blessing it is to have so much to do, so many people to be around and to be living every second of this life I have. And a really fun time was Friday night when Morgan and I decided to race our Blazers. I recently purchased a new/used Trail Blazer, and I absolutely love it. Too bad my house isn't that fancy :) Morgan's Blazer is a little older but has a new engine, thanks to her very mechanically inclined Daddy. Now on one hand I had the upper hand, having the newer truck...but Mo races every weekend so SHE should have the advantage. Well, let me tell ya...the first round of time trials (TT) you would've thought neither of us had ever set foot on a drag strip. It took forever to find the beams to stage and when we did the lights seemed to come down so fast we both had horrible reaction times...oh did I mention we both wanted to throw up too? As we picked up our time slips we both started laughing uncontrollably. Not only because of our reaction times but I think to relieve all of those jitters. The second TT was much better. Sooo, first round I lose due to a not great light and I ran under my dial-in (I'll explain bracket racing another day). Morgan won...and she kept right on winning all the way to the final round. We were so excited, I can't even explain. In semi-finals Morgan raced a guy that went to school with her Dad...he lost. (haha that sounds kinda mean huh) Before the final the race to see who would run Mo was between the blue Mustang (who beat me) and a red camaro...the camaro took the win. So it was down to Mo & Kevin. Morgan dialed a 12.65. Kevin couldn't get his car to hook up and was having a terrible time. Unfortunately Morgan was so amped up she ran under her dial with a 12.40 and Kevin took the win. But it was all good! The only thing she had to say when she got back to the trailer was "I guess the gas pedal does go further during final round!" What a great night!!!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... thanks for sharing! Great photos and wonderful story!! (very well written by the way) I was sitting on the edge of my seat until I found out who won!!!

Thanks for sharing your "crazy" life, LOL! But you're right ... we are very lucky to be able to do what we do ... even when it seems endless at times and leaves us exhausted!

Amy Johnson said...

wow! Aren't you the adventurous one! I've never met anyone who raced cars before. Thats cool.