Friday, February 20, 2009

Sun...where's the sun?


I haven't felt very inspired lately. Guess that's why I haven't posted. Life has been very very busy! I'm sooo ready for spring. The warmth of the sun coming in the window, the crocus's peaking up from their wintry home and the wonderful sound of the birds letting us know spring is finally here. I looked this pic up on-line. Can't you just imagine walking down this lane with only a sweater on...no gloves, no hat and no scarves!


I don't want to overlook the blessings we've received. My step-dad has finally tested negative for cancer...first time in a year. We are surrounded by amazing friends! The kind you can lean on and they are happy to hold you up. My Josie is still hanging in there.


This past wednesday was a horrible day. After work I stopped to fill the oil candles at church. When I was finished I knelt at the alter and prayed. He answered my prayers that night in the form of a phone call to my kids from Michael Stanley and an evening with friends whom I love dearly. A day that had started sooo bad ended sooo good.


Tonight Morgan's school band will play down at the Chevy Centre in Youngstown for the phantoms hockey game...and I am a chaperones. Therefore...I'd better get going.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hang in there my dear ... spring is coming ... I promise! I'm so glad you guys had a good time Wednesday ... and yes, God does answer those prayers ... sometimes in odd ways ... but answered none the less! Have a great weekend. If you need company ... we're here!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful photo! And yes, I long for spring too, especially after the 'big blizzard' that came yesterday. Its been a long, hard, cold winter, spring couldn't come soon enough for me.