Monday, January 19, 2009

Another facet to my world...


Some of you know I like to scrapbook but not all of you know I am a Creative Memories consultant. I know my "hat rack" is pretty full, huh? I enjoy scrapping (or crapbooking as my husband affectionately calls it). I'm a simple scrapper who believes in letting the pictures tell the story. Not that I don't believe in journaling...that's a very important part of the story. Especially when you use your own handwriting, no computers. Isn't it an amazing and special thing to see an old recipe from a Grandparent or relative who passed away and it's written in their own script?!

My office shares it's space with my craft room. If I didn't have to take care of my family and go to work I'm pretty sure I could go into my office and not come out for a week and still have things to do. I have lots of paper, stickers, albums, etc... Well "collecting" is half the fun ya know. So anytime you wanna come sit and scrap with a cup of java and a piece of chocolate (chocolate is a requirement of scrapping!) come on over.


I've been a consultant for about 5 years. If your curious what CM is you can check out my web-site at http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/carolynfranjko I've met some great friends through scrapbooking...and shared a ton of laughs. But I'm certain I know the best part of scrapbooking. It's looking through them. Jonathan is currently sitting on the floor looking back though them remarking how cute he was when he was little...he's not conceited is he? I love refreshing my memory and stepping back in time.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

What a great posting!! We really must get back to scrapbooking when life settles down a bit!! I miss our get togethers as I'm sure the other ladies do too!!

Speaking of CM ... can you throw a roll of "photo tape" in your purse and I'll get it on Wednesday? THANKS!!

Amy Johnson said...

I didn't know you were a Creative Memories consultant! How interesting! I consider myself more of a scrap booker than a card maker myself. My kids 'cherish' their scrap books and are always looking through them. Thanks for the comment on my Sympathy Cards, and, yes, you may always 'copy and case'. I'm not uptight about that at all, unlike a lot of stampers. Thats what blogs/gallerys are suppose to be for: give ideas and inspire others.

Judy said...

I have lots of friends who do Creative Memory scrapbooking...and I have a lot of their supplies as well. But I'm sure I'm never actually going to get around to doing the scrapbooks! I've started doing photobooks on-line...and then at least they get done.

Thnaks for your kind comments over at My Front Porch this last week!