Saturday, November 29, 2008

Passion....


Presenting my hubby...Frank. Playing guitar, one of Frank's passions. My DH always told me he was a simple man! Anyone who knows him would beg to differ. However, once you get to know him, and grow with him as I have, you will know he really is a simple man. Just too full of emotion and passion to display it in a "manly" fashion. Manly, an extremely big part of who he is. The hunter gatherer who you can count on when the car dies or washer won't work. While he's not one to cry at funerals (if you can get him to go) or get weepy eyed when a friend has a new baby, he shows his friends and family he loves them with his actions. The night this picture was taken (Thanksgiving Eve) we gave a pink guitar to a new friend who's daughter was in a terrible car accident a year ago and (while fighting hard) prognosis isn't great. This amazing family came into our lives by chance and have made a huge impact on Frank. To see the rare emotion publicly displayed when my hubby presented this guitar to Kris (the Mom) was a reminder of the passion locked inside my "simple man"!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a wonderful tribute to you hubby. He looks like a fun guy to hang out with. I love how he is holding the guitar! So fun!

Darlene said...

Bravo!!! This is so well written and "knowing" Frank as I do, it's PERFECT!!!
Bravo to Frank for "being Frank" and Bravo to you for recognizing that person and loving him for who he is!!

Dr M said...

What can I add about your "Simple Man"? Everyone needs to have a "Frank" in their life. When GOD brought us all together...HE knew that I needed a Brother. I needed someone to reveal to me...Life is too short not to... "Take the Time". I know his heart and it is awesome!!! My greatest times in the past few years have been laughing with this "Simple Man" and wondering..."What's gonna happen next?" Frank has my back...and I can count on him to bring his best when it's needed. LAUGHS...HONESTY...ENERGY...LOYALTYMy Brother Frank!!!