Monday, October 13, 2008

And He's only 11....


My menfolk love to go hunting. Archery season is their favorite. Probably because, contrary to what anti-hunters think, they love the outdoors and the wildlife as much, if not more, than the actual hunt. I hear lots of stories of how squirrels "hollar" at them if they're sitting at the base of HIS tree, chipmunks run around gathering and hiding nuts and the beautiful skies blazing various colors of crimson, violet and blue. They all come back renewed.


We had a big discussion with Jon about being very selective before raising his bow due to the unseasonable temperatue of 80 degrees. Well I received a pic on my cell phone showing this magnificent 8-point buck. Jonathan is only 11 years old and this is his third dear, two with a bow. His very first hunt (at age 9) he bagged a 3-point and last year a smaller 8-point. He says he wants to be a Professional Hunter when he grows up...I'm starting to think he just might be!


I hope I didn't offend anyone with the picture...I kept is tasteful.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

What an awesome photo ... way to go Jon!! That's MY grandson!!!

SheShe said...

Wow....I showed everyone I knew the picture from last year, and he has proved himself the "Mighty Hunter" yet again! In case I don't see him tomorrow night, (or I forget, which is my habit to do) congratulations, Jonathan!!! We're proud of you.

Unknown said...

Super photo and that's some kid! (He has to be, right? Because he's Darlene's grandson!) My son is a hunter too and hey, with the price of groceries... I'm thrilled!