Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a week...



This has been the strangest week of my life! As so many people throughout the country, Ike hit our area and left us without power for several days. Now while I do not claim to have dealt with anything close to those poor people in Texas, I've come to realize I cannot live without water. Namely...a shower! But there were some good things (I try to look at the the good side of everything)...I didn't have to cook, our whole family was together each evening (all evening), and there was a full moon so we could find our way to the grill for our hot water in the morning. We also got to "visit" with friends when we arrived with clothes and shampoo in hand to borrow their shower. My husband greated everyone by saying "Hello, the refugees are here." Crazy I tell you!!!


When our power returned life picked right back up at it's break neck speed. Friday night football game, racing, Homecoming dance and the band played out. And of course trying to catch up on laundry, cleaning and finish those peaches I was in the middle of canning when the lights went out.


Homecoming is of course why my daughter is so dressed up. Doesn't she look beautiful...not that I'm biased or anything. My Aunt is a beautician and she always takes care of Mo's hair...didn't she do an amazing job?!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

What a "gorgeous" young lady you are raising!! She looks beautiful and happy ... both "good things"! Hope things get back to "normal" this week for you ... btw - love your new blog header ... clever!!

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful, Carolyn. I'm sure you wish you could have been there to see her off!