Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jr. Mom...


It's currently racing season. To explain in more detail, my husband drag races and so do my two children (ages 16 and almost 11). I know, you're asking how can an 11 year old drag race. Well, it's called a junior dragster. They are mini versions of the big dragsters you see on tv and at the strip. They are all running in the points system this season and so far hubby is running 8th, daughter (16) running 3rd and just this last saturday my son took over the points lead in his class. Very exciting for our first year running points. And what do I do during racing? The juniors are not allowed to run anywhere but on the track so I have to tow them everywhere, start them when their ready, keep track of all their time slips and figure out their dial in, pack all of the "stuff" we need for a day at the track and when the kids are done running it's hubby's turn...
This is a picture of my sons junior dragster when we first bought it. My daughters is white and a little bigger.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

What a great start!!! You'll have so much fun with this and I've already added you to my Google Reader so I can keep up with your new posts!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, what exciting weekends you must have! Congrats to your family on their successes so far this year and especially to your son for taking over the lead in points! Great job!